You May Be Thirstier Than You Think
The most important reason to drink water is to stay alive, plain and simple. We all need water to function and survive. The average adult human is comprised of 60 percent water, and it’s up to us to make sure we maintain that balance by drinking two to three liters every day. Here are twelve awesome incentives to drink more water.
- You Feel Better – Staying hydrated helps move waste and bacteria through and out of your body so you are healthier and feel better. Water has even been proven to help prevent various types of cancer.
- Aids In Weight Loss – Drinking water helps you feel full and it can increase your metabolism by up to 3 percent!
- Anti-inflammatory – Effects It helps reduce inflammation by keeping the cartilage in your joints and back soft, hydrated and lubricated.
- Improves Kidney Function – One of the best things you can do for your kidneys is drink a lot of water. It flushes them and helps keep them working properly. Proper water intake can prevent both cancer and disease in the kidneys.
- Better Circulation – Blood plasma is roughly 93 percent water, so if you aren’t sufficiently hydrated, your blood can’t flow as easily. If your blood can’t reach all your organs and maneuver through your body, bad things start to happen.
- Improves Digestion – Without water, you wouldn’t be able to digest anything. The process begins with saliva starting to break down your food and water helps your body process the nutrients you give it. Water is also essential in breaking down and passing fiber.
- Better Brains – Water provides the energy for your brain to function on all levels, including memory and thought processes. It’s absolutely essential to keep your brain hydrated so as not to affect the many responsibilities it has to your body.
- Helps Headaches – Many headaches are caused by dehydration and can be prevented and cured by simply replenishing the body of the fluids it has lost. By staying hydrated you can reduce the frequency of many types of headaches.
- Fatigue Fighter – One of the major symptoms of dehydration is fatigue. If you find yourself having mid-day slumps despite having plenty of sleep, try drinking more water.
- No More Hangovers – Alcohol depletes the body of water. That dehydration is what causes the unique misery that is known as the “hangover”. Drink at least as much water as alcohol to offset the imbalance and you will suffer no more.
- Glowing Skin – Water won’t give you a radioactive glow, but it will give you the radiance of healthy skin. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it needs water just like all the others do. Good health will exude from the inside out.
- Bye-Bye Blues – Staying hydrated improves your mood and helps prevent depression. It makes sense if you think back to how it improves brain function, which controls your moods and emotions. If you have a hydrated, healthy brain, you will feel it.