You Don’t Have to Suffer with Constipation
At some point or another, everyone suffers from constipation. Proper bowel evacuation is important for digestive and overall health. Today’s modern diets lack the fiber and roughage necessary to keep elimination regular.
This has many people reaching for an over-the-counter constipation treatment. The problem with these treatments is that they can be harsh and cause the bowl to become dependent on them for complete elimination.
There are many gentle, safe, and all natural remedies that work just as effectively as over the counter treatments for a fraction of the price and without side effects.
Five Natural Remedies for Constipation
- Olive oil mixed with lemon juice can get things moving. This combination stimulates the bowels , and brings quick relief. Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of lemon juice and take on an empty stomach. Research suggests that adding lemon juice to warm water as a morning tonic helps prevent constipation.
- Food as medicine. A healthy diet is necessary to keep all the boy’s systems functioning at optimum levels. Proper elimination depends on a fiber rich healthy diet. A fiber rich diet absorbs waste and helps move it out of the body . Some foods that can help relieve constipation are: beans, whole grains, apricots, prunes, berries, broccoli or nuts. The added benefit is that these foods all pack a potent nutritional punch and are full of heart healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Flax – Look to flax to flush you out. Flax seed oil coats the intestines and helps make elimination easier. It coats stool and increases the volume of bowel movements. You can ingest a tablespoon of flax oil in juice to make it more palatable. Making flax seeds and meal a regular part of your diet can help prevent constipation.
- Normalax is a safe, effective all natural laxative that will make constipation a thing of the past. This gentle formula uses senna to help get the bowels contracting and help facilitate elimination. This formula is recommended for the occasional treatment of constipation. People who are taking anticoagulants, digitalis, cipro, tetracycline, and etidronate should consult a doctor before using this product.
- Baking Soda – Believe it or not, relief from constipation may be as close as your pantry. Baking soda is a bit of a jack of all trades. From non toxic cleaning to digestive issues, more and more people are looking to baking soda to solve their problems. Baking soda is bicarbonate, which stimulates air to come out the intestine. This simple, cheap remedy can really get your bowels moving for pennies a treatment. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda to one fourth cup warm water and drink quickly for best results.
Proper elimination can help with or even cure a host of health issues. Our bodies are assaulted by toxins on a daily basis, and it is important that we eliminate as many of them as possible through the process of elimination. These constipation remedies are all natural, cheap and effective. Why not give one of them a try next time you find yourself in a bind?