Allergies can be a very troublesome condition for some. The itchy and watery eyes along with the sneezing and drainage are bothersome and irritating. Allergies can also lead to sinus infections, headaches, and a weakened immune system. Luckily, there are natural ways to combat allergies.
What causes seasonal allergies? A genetic predisposition is usually the culprit of allergies. One allergic parent increases the risk to 33% for a child. Two allergic parents increases the risk to 70%. When an allergen invades, mast cells respond. They will burst open flooding the cells with histamine, which will cause allergic reactions. Swelling may result and cause a runny nose.
How do you limit your exposure? First of all, you need to keep your windows and doors closed in the high pollen days. Let your air conditioning do what it is built to do, clean your air. Leave your shoes at the door and put your clothes in the wash when you get home because they attract allergens. Eating a healthy balanced diet of fruits and vegetables can also limit the allergies you may face. Clean regularly with natural cleansers, including white vinegar and citrus. Make sure that you use a HEPA filter when vacuuming to eliminate allergens.
What Can You Use?
- Honey – Some swear by natural honey grown in your local area. It traps pollen and whatever is in your area and as you ingest it and your body will make natural defenses against it. This can build antihistamines naturally and allow the body to combat the allergens you will face.
- Butterbur – Another great natural product is butterbur. There’s a great Butterbur product called Petadolex. It has natural butterbur extract that supports healthy histamine release, allergies, and supports proper inflammatory responses.
- Saline Rinse – Saline nasal rinses are also a great way to clean the nasal passages. Make sure the water is sterile and add some sea salt to the mixture and rinse each nostril. Neti pots are great ways to achieve this nasal passage rinse.
- Fluids – Drink plenty of fluids, because this will thin the mucus in the respiratory tract and allow for eradication of post-nasal drip.
- Steam – Consider steam to help relieve the congestion you may be feeling. A hot shower or a steaming bowl of water with a towel wrapped over your head may be just the answer you are looking for to feel relief.
- Acupuncture – This is an amazing all-natural way to relieve sinus pressure. By using ancient Chinese techniques, the body’s natural flow can be regained and allergies can be combated.
Seasonal allergies are a common condition that affects millions of individuals. This condition can be an annoyance to anyone that suffers from it. By using natural supplements such as DC Labs Phytofed and ingredients, you may be able to suppress some of these symptoms. Eating a healthy diet and drinking plenty of fluids is a great way to decrease the symptoms you may be feeling. Allergies don’t have to rule your life if you have a plan in place for attack.