Natural Heart Disease Remedies
The term “cardiovascular disease” is not one disease, but several. It usually covers diseases that are caused by a weak circulatory system that affects primarily the heart and blood vessels and which in turn can cause problems for the lungs, brain, kidneys and other parts of the body. In industrialized countries, cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of death.
People begin to experience cardiovascular problems when the heart – a vital organ – does not receive a sufficient amount of blood either because of a blockage or plaque build-up. When the heart does not receive enough blood, this means that other parts of the body are also at risk.
Cardiovascular Disease: Types
There are six known types of cardiovascular disease:
- Stroke – this occurs when the blood vessels in the brain do not receive adequate oxygen because they are blocked. The blockage can last for 24 hours (ischemic transient attack) or can be permanently blocked (clot or coronary thrombosis).
- Heart Attack – the heart is the pumping center of our body. When it does not pump enough blood to other parts of the body, that means heart function is impaired due to a damaged heart muscle.
- Rheumatic Heart Disease – this condition frequently occurs in childhood because of a bacterial infection. Heart problems usually occur later in life when the heart valves and joints are affected.
- Ischemic Heart Disease – probably the most common type of cardiovascular disease in industrialized countries. Someone with this condition either has blocked arteries, resulting in chest pain or shortness of breath or a complete blockage, potentially resulting in damaged tissues or a heart attack.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease – people have pain in their legs when they walk.
- Congenital Heart Disease – usually this is a condition that occurs at birth. In many cases, the child is born with a hole in the heart causing circulatory problems. Surgery is usually the method of treatment. If not treated, congenital heart disease can cause disability and even death.
What is Atherosclerosis?
Click on image
Avoiding Cardiovascular Disease through Natural Remedies
There are many things a person can do to avoid cardiovascular disease because it is certainly manageable and preventable. You can take these heart-healthy steps to a healthier cardiovascular system: stop smoking, drink less alcohol, exercise regularly (under the supervision of your physician, a certified fitness trainer can create a program for you), be vigilant about your blood pressure, stay away from stressful situations or take stress management courses, and eat more natural foods. It is now known that sugar can play a detrimental role in heart disease.
Speaking of natural foods, there are natural supplements that you can also take; here are a few suggestions. Note that all these natural remedies are made in the USA:
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement – EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are in omega-3 fish oil which help decrease death rates caused by cardiovascular disease. Over 2000 studies have documented the benefits of EPA and DHA; no wonder that millions have adopted fish oil supplementation. Omega 3 by Dee Cee Labs is a natural remedy will help not only the heart and circulatory system but will boost the immune system as well. You can also try the high potency fish oil that is burp-free and mercury free called Fundamental Omega 3.
- Vaxa Oral Chelation Health Pac – chelation is the process of eliminating heavy metals and toxins from your body. Vaxa’s Oral Chelation Pac has no dangerous chemicals and this oral chelation therapy which is 100% made in the USA.
- Cholesten LDL – given that cardiovascular disease is triggered by a rise in cholesterol levels, Cholesten LDL, a natural treatment, can help lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol levels. It also helps acid metabolizing and promotes healthy circulation of triglycerides.
- Vaxa Circulin – because cardiovascular health is dependent on proper functioning of the circulatory system, you need a natural dietary supplement like Växa Circulin. It helps maintain normal blood pressure. High blood pressure is a precursor to some fatal diseases like stroke, kidney/liver malfunctioning or a heart attack.
- Cholesterol Health – Red Yeast extract has long been used as a natural remedy to reduce cholesterol. Cholesterol Health by Dee Cee Labs is an American made supplement to reduce cholesterol naturally.
- HDL Booster – The good cholesterol is known as HDL. HDL Booster by Enzymatic Therapy is a great natural remedy for boosting good cholesterol levels.
- Heart Supplement – this natural chelation supplement is a great way to help your heart and cardiovascular health. Heart Supplement by Extreme Health has 67 powerful ingredients to help your heart. Some of the ingredients include, EDTA, antioxidants, amino acids and vitamins.
- Vaxa Tricardia – this is an oral chelation natural therapy that helps eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the body. Tricardia helps to prevent plaque from attaching itself to arterial walls and hence facilitates the circulation of blood to and from the heart.
- Metagenics Actifolate – Actifolate by Metagenics is prescribed by many doctors to help boost cardiovascular health.
There are countless health supplements in the market that support cardiovascular health. Oftentimes a synergistic blend product actively works for the heart’s nerve conduction, muscle contraction, and muscle relaxation. Some blends may include things like: L-Taurine, raw concentrates of bovine heart, minerals, and hawthorn berry.
L-Taurine is a form of amino acid that contains sulfur. It is stored in the central nervous system and in the muscles of the body. Recent studies have asserted that L-Taurine has a bigger role than early perceptions, so that doctors and nutritionists now recommend larger intake of this amino acid. L-Taurine may be found in milk, eggs, meat, and fish. It works as a powerful anti-oxidant, taking care of cardiovascular health as well as lowering cholesterol levels and stabilizing blood pressure. It also decreases the occurrence of blood clots, which led to heart arrests and stroke.
Bovine heart concentrate is a popular ingredient in many supplements that support cardio-vascular health. Bovine heart pertains to raw concentrates of cow heart, processed at a certain temperature to retain its potent nutrient. This compound works beautifully for making human heart healthy.
Minerals that are important for the heart include calcium, magnesium, and chromium. Calcium does promote healthy bones and teeth, but most importantly, it enables muscle contraction, facilitating maximum function for the heart. Magnesium meanwhile, promotes metabolism in the body. Chromium meanwhile, helps to decrease blood sugar and body fat.
Hawthorn berry is proven to promote cardiovascular health by making the blood vessels strong and repairing the muscle wall of the heart. It is also known to lower cholesterol levels and to promote digestion.
One of the best ways to improve heart health is to eat right. Studies have shown that the Mediterranean diet is a great way to improve the health of your heart.
Cardiovascular disease has become a regular occurrence, and because of this heart medicines and prescription drugs are prescribed. These drugs can have a number of negative side effects that range in severity.
Blood pressure and cholesterol medications have been shown to cause minor side effects, like constipation, dry mouth, dizziness, and fatigue. Some prescription heart medicines may even increase the risk of heart attack in some people. Cardiovascular drugs have also be linked to liver damage and an increase in stroke. Instead of these dangerous drugs, the use of CoQ10 (see below for more info) can offer great benefits. CoQ10 is used to address a number of cardiovascular ailments, like high blood pressure and cholesterol. It is also a great antioxidant for the cardiovascular system. Resveratrol also provides the cardiovascular system with antioxidants, and it offers wonderful support for cholesterol levels. Fish oil supplements also provide cardiovascular support, among many other benefits, and they may help to support a healthy blood flow and triglyceride levels.
The Symptoms of a Heart Attack
If you consume an unhealthy diet, don’t get regular exercise, or are just growing old, you’re most likely at risk for a heart attack. The average age for heart attacks in men is 66 and in women it is 70, but a heart attack can also strike people in their 20s. Often times the symptoms prior to a heart attack can last for hours, but unfortunately many people don’t recognize these symptoms as signs of an impending heart attack. It is important to know the signs of an on coming heart attack, and the following information could be potentially life saving.
Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women, so these symptoms are unfortunately all too common. Often times the symptoms of a heart attack can be mistaken for something else, so it is essential to be aware. One of the first signs is discomfort or pain in the chest. This pain can last a while, and it may also come and go. It may feel like something is putting pressure on the chest or squeezing it. This sensation may also come along with pain or discomfort in the arms, neck, back, and jaw. Shortness of breath may also occur, as well as cold sweats, nausea, and light headedness.
These symptoms do tend to be different between men and women, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has said that women are more likely to go through the symptoms that are more flu-like. Women most frequently experienced the cold sweats, indigestion, nausea, poor sleep, and anxiety, and many times these symptoms appeared a full month prior to a heart attack. Research has also shown that chest pain is less likely to occur in woman, and any feeling in the chest was generally referred to as tightness or aching. Because these symptoms can appear to be rather mild, women are more likely to ignore the symptoms of a heart attack when compared to men.
Don’t let some of the milder symptoms of a heart attack fool you – especially if you’re a woman. Addressing an upcoming heart attack is essential when trying to reduce the risk of major heart damage and death. If you experience any of these symptoms you should continue to take close notice to how you feel, and not just pass them off as merely not feeling well.
Importance of CoQ10
Your body needs energy, antioxidants, and healthy cardiovascular function. If it is missing any of these factors your health could be in serious jeopardy, and there is one nutrient that is commonly consumed through supplementation that can address all of these areas: Coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10.
CoQ10 provides spectacular support to the cardiovascular system, and one of the best CoQ10 supplements is Metagenics Nutragems CoQ10 300. Nutragems CoQ10 300 is a natural and chemical free supplement that provides 300 mg of CoQ10. This is a potent and potentially very beneficial dose of CoQ10.
CoQ10 is found naturally in the body, and it helps to provide the body with energy. This energy is particularly important to the cardiovascular system. The heart is constantly using energy to maintain a healthy beat, and CoQ10 helps to ensure that the cardiovascular system has the energy that it needs to run smoothly. CoQ10 provides support the heart and cardiovascular system, and it can help with high blood pressure and maybe even high cholesterol. It is believed that people with high cholesterol tend to have low levels of CoQ10. Statin drugs, which are frequently used to help with high cholesterol, may lower the body’s natural levels of CoQ10, so a CoQ10 supplement may be beneficial. There are a number of studies that CoQ10 can help:
- High Blood Pressure – A number of studies have also shown that using CoQ10 for 4-12 weeks may lower blood pressure levels, and it may be especially helpful for lowing systolic blood pressure.
- After a Heart Attack – One study found that consuming CoQ10 after a heart attack can reduce the risk of having a second. CoQ10 supplementation may also reduce the risk of death from heart attack.
- Pre/Post Surgery - CoQ10 may also be beneficial before heart surgery. It helps to reduce the damage to the heart that is caused by free radicals, and post surgery it supports heart function and may limit irregular heart beats during recovery.
CoQ10 provides the body with powerful antioxidants that can protect the body from free radicals. When free radicals are allowed to roam freely in the body they attack and destroy cells, tamper with DNA, and can speed up the aging process. Increasing the rate at which the heart ages can be particularly dangerous, so providing the body with CoQ10 can be very important. Antioxidants also help to reduce the risk of cancer, because free radical damage is often the first step in the development of cancer.
Maintaining the proper production of energy, cardiovascular function, and providing the body with antioxidants are all essential to maintaining overall health. Luckily, a CoQ10 supplement, like Metagenics Nutragems CoQ10 300, can help to support all of these factors. Nutragems is a wonderful source of CoQ10, because it provides 300 mg of natural and chemical CoQ10.
Natural remedies for improving cardiovascular function should always be used while your doctor monitors your condition. In addition, before starting an exercise program to help your heart, speak with your doctor.