Natural Treatments for Indigestion
What are some of the more common digestive problems people complain about? Bloating and gas are probably the most common. These conditions are caused by excess gas in our digestive system. Certain kinds of foods cause bloating and gas; examples are beans and cabbage. Digestive problems develop when one eats too fast or when there is an underlying cause like irritable bowel syndrome or IBS. Signs of digestive problems include constipation, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite.
If you have blood in your stool and your digestive troubles are recurrent, see your doctor. There is cause for alarm if you’re vomiting constantly and are in pain.
Tips for Minimizing Digestive Problems
- Some doctors actually recommend cutting down on your caffeine intake and switching to herbal teas like peppermint, chamomile or fennel tea.
- Do not suddenly add fiber or wheat to your diet. Do it gradually.
- Avoid foods that are known to trigger abdominal bloating and gas: cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, onions, garlic , spicy foods and others.
- Cut back on sugar, soft drinks, gum, artificial sweeteners and smoking.
- Take natural remedies or herbal formulas.
- Eat grass-fed-beef. It is high in Omega 3 and usually organic.
- Avoid acid foods that can alter your body’s pH.
Natural Digestive Problem Remedies
- Digestion GB – Digestion GB by Pure Encapsulations is a natural digestion remedy was formulated with all natural ingredients. It helps digestion because of the combination of potent digestive enzymes and other great ingredients.
- DGL-EX – Dee Cee Labs makes all natural DGL or De-Glycyrrhizinated licorice which has been shown to help with peptic ulcers and possibly even GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease).
- Fundamental Probiotic – it is very important to maintain the integrity of the normal bacterial flora in the gut. Parasites can kill some of the beneficial bacteria. Fundamental Probiotic can help to re-establish the normal intestinal flora. It is one of the most powerful probiotics on the market, with 12 strains of good bacteria and over 25 Billion colony forming units per capsule.
- Vaxa Parasitic Cleansing Program – sometimes abdominal pain is caused by parasites that have entered the bloodstream. People may not be aware but it is easy for parasites to invade humans: think of the foods and drinks we consume every day, our daily contact with infected humans and when we swim in our lakes and rivers. Parasitic Cleansing Program, a natural parasite treatment, will help eliminate parasites and other toxins from our body, thanks to its phytomedicinals that target all kinds of parasites, not just one particular type.
- Vaxa Digestin – many of our digestive problems are triggered by inefficient digestive enzyme functions. Digestin, a natural digestion remedy contains good enzymes like amylase, lipase, cellulose, protease and others. In addition to these enzymes, Vaxa Digestin contains 30 other ingredients, one of which is papaya root which helps in the digestion and processing of food.
- Vaxa Reflora – probiotics have become much sought after by people, especially after being on antibiotic treatment for months. While antibiotics kill the virus or bacteria causing our health problem, they also kill our good bacteria. This is why probiotics are now in demand. They replenish our supply of beneficial bacteria. As its name suggests, Vaxa Reflora was developed with pure probiotics that were homeopathically formulated to help restore good bacteria or intestinal flora, eliminate toxins from the digestive tract, boost our immune system and protect the mucus lining of our stomach.
- Fundamental Enzymes – Natural digestive enzymes can help you to process your food and get all the possible nutrients that are available. You can buy Fundamental Enzymes on Amazon.
Ginger for Digestive Health
The taste and aroma of ginger has made it a culinary staple. It is used in cuisine from the western world to the Far East. It can add a flare to many dishes, but it also has numerous health benefits. Ginger provides the body with antioxidants, and it can also kill harmful microbes in the body. Consuming ginger may even reduce the amount of fat that accumulates on the body, but the most beneficial aspect of ginger is the effects it can have on the digestive system.
Digestive Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has been used throughout history to help alleviate poor digestion and the symptoms that come along with it. Ginger has shown that it can help with the digestive process by promoting the secretion of saliva and other digestive juices. It also promotes peristalsis, which creates contractions in the digestive tract that help to physically propel food through the body. Ginger can also limit the progression and development of ulcers, and it is frequently used to calm inflammation within the digestive tract. Recent research has shown that besides helping to fight inflammation, it may also help to reduce the risk of colon cancer. Intestinal inflammation has long been an indicator for colon cancer, and ginger can help to reduce the amount of inflammatory chemicals in the body, like PGE2.
Eat More Ginger!
There are a few different ways to consume ginger. The easiest way would be to supplement with it. Ginger supplements completely cut out the preparation that is generally required with ginger. Adding slices of ginger to the side of a plate as a garnish provides the body with ginger, and it also improves the appearance of meals. There are also ginger powders. These can be used as a seasoning on many different foods. Ginger drinks have also become popular. They can be served both hot and cold, and either way is delicious. Ginger tea is very easy to make, and all that is needed is water and some grated ginger. Mix together water and a teaspoon of grated ginger, and let it sit for ten minutes. After this, strain out the ginger and the tea is ready to be drank.
For those that find themselves constantly dealing with poor digestion and digestive health, consuming more ginger can offer help. It promotes digestive function, and it also limits digestive ailments, like ulcers, and inflammation. Research has even shown that it may reduce the risk of colon cancer, and adding ginger to your diet is easy and healthy.
For some, digestion is the source of much discomfort and anxiety. Knowing that your body cannot properly process the foods that you want to eat can alter your diet, nutrition, and possibly even your social life. If you find yourself dealing with poor digestion, an enzyme supplement could be helpful. Metagenics Azeo-Pangen is a great place to start, because it provides three of the most basic and important enzymes that generally diminish with age. These enzymes are:
Metagenics Azeo Pangen has also included calcium and phosphorus to further help with the digestive process.
Protease is an enzyme that is used within the digestive system to process proteins. Proteins have an intricate structure that the body would be unable to breakdown without protease. When the body doesn’t have the proper levels of protease digestive upset can occur, and proteins may accumulate within the digestive tract potentially causing problems. Supplementing with protease may help with inflammatory bowel diseases and stomach ulcers. Protease also provides support to the immune system by helping to breakdown the cell walls of potentially dangerous organisms. Research also suggests that protease could help the body to recover from injury faster.
Amylase is an interesting enzyme, because it is produced in both the mouth and pancreas. It is found in the saliva, and it starts to breakdown food almost as immediately as it hits the mouth. Amylase enzymes from the pancreas begin to work once food gets to the small intestine, and amylase is needed to breakdown starches. It breaks apart the bonds that hold starches together, and this is an essential process for the production of energy. As the body ages, people tend to not have enough amylase, so supplementation can be helpful for some. Due to this, amylase supplements may provide some relief from age-related burdens in the digestive system. Amylase also has some benefits outside of digestion. It may hinder unwanted autoimmune responses, and it could help to reduce swelling. Some research also suggests that it could help to limit the growth of tumors.
Lipase is used to breakdown fat. Although many try to limit their fat intake, fat is essential to some of the body’s biological functions. Fats provide strength and structure to the body’s cells, and without it the cells wouldn’t be able to function properly. This makes the proper digestion of fat important. Lipase can help with weight loss, and it may also boost the nutritional value of fats. Much like amylase, lipase is also produced in the pacreas, and it tends to become scarcer as the body ages. Lipase may limit some of the symptoms of Celiac disease, and it could also be beneficial to those that experience frequent indigestion. It can also help with the absorption of many different vitamins and nutrients, and lipase also supports the immune system.
Many of the enzyme supplements on the market just provide the body with enzymes, but Metagenics has supported this natural enzyme supplement with calcium and phosphorus. Phosphorus is a mineral that can promote healthy digestive function. It stimulates enzymatic function, and can help with the conversion of nutrients into energy. Phosphorus also helps the kidneys to filter out harmful substances and then excrete them. After food has been broken down, calcium helps to transport the nutrients to the cells where they can be utilized.
If you have digestive difficulties, promoting proper digestion with natural supplements is the best place to start. Metagenics Azeo-Pangen provides the body with protease, amylase, and lipase to help with the digestion of proteins, fats, and starches.
Fundamental Digestive Enzyme Blend
Everybody wants to make sure that their body is properly nourished and healthy, and a great way to help with this is with a daily multivitamin. EarthTurns provides a product called Fundamental Daily, which is a spectacular, natural, and chemical free multivitamin that is supported by unique blends that are designed to support a number of biological processes within the body. To support healthy digestion Fundamental Daily has the Fundamental Digestive Enzyme Blend, which provides your body with enzymes to support the digestive process.
Many of the foods that are consumed can be difficult for the body to breakdown. Whether its large fats or complex plant fibers, foods contain intricate structures that enzymes breakdown. Let’s take a look at the enzymes found in this multivitamin:
- Bromelain can be found in fruit, like pineapple, and it helps with the digestion of proteins. It helps to breakdown the protein structures, so the body can completely digest them. Bromelain may also help with inflammation, so it is often used by people with arthritis. It can also fight heartburn and indigestion, and bromelain can support a healthy acidic balance within the stomach.
- Papain helps to breakdown proteins down into peptides that are easier for the body to process. It breaks apart the bonds of the protein, and this may help to improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Amylase is an enzyme that helps with the digestion of starches, and it works primarily in the small intestine – although it can also be found in the saliva. Amylase is helpful in converting many foods into energy.
- Betaine HCL works to support stomach acids, and this may help with indigestion and acid reflux. Betaine HCL may also work to fight ulcers, and it can also help to fight the growth of yeast in the stomach.
- Lipase helps with the digestion of fats. Fats can be difficult for the body to breakdown and digest, so lipase is important. It breaks down fatty oils and solids into their smaller components, and this makes it easier for the body to absorb them through the intestines. Lipase can help to reduce the occurrence of indigestion, and it can also be beneficial for the immune system.
- Cellulase is needed to break down and digest plant matter. Plant cells are surrounded by a cell wall that is made up of complex fibers. Cellulase helps to break apart these fibers, and it makes it easier for the body to receive these nutrients.
- Protease also helps with the digestion of proteins, and it may be helpful to those that struggle with inflammatory bowel disease or IBS. It may also be helpful for inflammation and arthritis pain.
These digestive enzymes work together to help break down a wide variety of food, and this can be particularly important with contemporary cooking methods. Cooking food can reduce the amount of enzymes that are naturally found in food, so supplementing with enzymes is essential.
The Fundamental Digestive Enzyme Blend is just one of the many reasons that you should add Fundamental Daily to your nutritional routine. This blend of enzymes helps your body to extract the nutrients and benefits from the food that you consume.
All these products are natural treatments for digestion problems and are made in the USA – your assurance that the ingredients are certified-safe and effective.