Hormone Imbalance Remedies
“Raging hormones” is how some mothers describe their teenage daughters. But teenagers generally have nothing to worry about since this condition mostly affects women who are in their late 30s, 40s and 50s – with a few exceptions. It is possible also for young girls to experience a hormonal imbalance.
What exactly is a hormonal imbalance?
Every month, a woman produces the hormones called estrogen and progesterone. They are supposed to complement one another and should be balanced. It can happen however that estrogen and progesterone can outdo each other, creating an imbalance. When this imbalance occurs, it can affect a woman’s health. A hormonal imbalance could also cause menopause. For estrogen and progesterone to balance, a woman should be careful about her diet and lifestyle, and must manage her stress well through regular physical exercise. Her age plays a critical role.
Signs and Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
While most commonly thought of as being a problem for women both genders can suffer from hormone imbalance. Hormones play an important role in growth and regulation of normal body functions. For this reason, hormone imbalances can arise at any age in both men and women.
Types of Male Hormone Imbalance
- Andropause – commonly called the male version of menopause, is seen in older men when testosterone levels begin to decline. (see natural testosterone supplement)
- Adrenal fatigue – related mostly to prolonged periods of stress. Adrenal fatigue occurs when your body no longer produces enough of a stress hormone called cortisol.
- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism – when the thyroid gland is either under or over active.
Male Hormone Imbalance Symptoms
- Hair loss – testosterone can convert to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). When too much DHT is present it binds to hair follicles causing them to shrink and hair growth to slow or stop entirely.
- Muscle loss or weakness – lower levels of testosterone make it harder to build and keep muscle.
- Night sweats or hot flashes
- Sleep apnea or insomnia
- Gynecomastia – the development of breasts in men.
- Low Libido
- Memory loss
Types of Female Hormone Imbalance
- Menopause – caused by a decline in the amount of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone being produced by the ovaries
- Perimenopause – time period right before women reach menopause. Caused by constant fluctuations in estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
- Surgical Menopause – sudden onset of menopause caused by the surgical removal of the ovaries
- Adrenal Fatigue – see more info here.
- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism
- PMS- see more info here
Female Hormone Imbalance Symptoms
- Persistent weight gain – when weight gain occurs despite making healthy lifestyle, diet, and physical activity choices. This may be a sign of estrogen levels that are too high.
- Fatigue – particularly crashing mid-morning or mid-afternoon can be a symptom of a hormonal imbalance.
- Low libido – similarly to men women who aren’t producing enough testosterone can suffer from a lowered sex drive.
- Insomnia – difficulty in sleeping results from a change in your body’s melatonin levels. This can also lead to depression.
The good news about hormone imbalance is that there is a solution! Many treatments exist including taking supplements of bio-identical hormones. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you should see your doctor about possible treatment options.
Hormonal Imbalance: Natural Remedies
If our hormonal imbalance continues to inconvenience us in a big way such that we cannot go about our daily routine, we can turn to our doctors, which should be our first step to find out how to regain our hormonal balance. There’s a strong possibility that our doctor will simply suggest changes in our lifestyle and eating habits. We should consider ourselves lucky if our hormonal imbalance isn’t caused by an underlying health problem like glandular problems or polycystic ovary syndrome.
The second thing we can do is hormonal supplementation. Millions of women have taken the “natural” road to hormonal health for two reasons: they don’t bring about dangerous side effects and they are prepared from the best herbal ingredients.
Hormonal imbalances in women can cause numerous aches, pains, and ailments. As the body ages the levels of some hormones decrease, while others increase, and this can put the body into a state of hormonal chaos. Getting used to changing hormones can be difficult, but there are natural remedies can help to support hormones during menstruation or menopause.
Chasteberry, Black Cohosh, and Ashwagandha
Chasteberry is an incredible herb for women, and it can help support PMS and menopause. Numerous factors can cause the menstrual cycle to be thrown off, and this can frequently cause discomfort. Chasteberry contains progesterone, so it can help to normalize the menstrual cycle. Chasteberry can also help to reduce breast tenderness and soreness during PMS or menopause. Breast tenderness is typically caused by prolactin, which is secreted by the pituitary gland. Chasteberry may help to regulate how much prolactin is secreted, so it may help to reduce breast soreness.
Black cohosh is a great way to help with spasms and inflammation. It works particularly well with uterine cramps. It can help to relax the uterine muscles, and this can help to ease menstruation. Black cohosh can also help to prevent irregular periods.
Ashwagandha root is an adaptogen that helps the body to age gracefully both physically and mentally. In the body it nourishes the bones and muscles, and it may help to make movement easier and less painful. It can also help to maintain nerve function. Ashwagandha can also help to calm the mind, and it can help to induce sleep. Ashwagandha can also help to improve cognitive function as the body ages.
Hormonal imbalances can be caused by many things, but they’re most commonly caused by the menstrual cycle or menopause. Chasteberry offers the body natural support that can help the body to cope with hormonal imbalances.
Recommendations for Natural Treatments for Hormone Imbalance
- Vaxa Thyroid Formula – a hormonal imbalance could be caused by a sluggish thyroid. Thyroid Formula, by Vaxa can help improve thyroid function naturally. Since the thyroid is a source of essential hormones, we can stimulate our thyroid with this made-in-the-USA product. Apart from helping our thyroid to produce vital hormones, it also helps our metabolic processes and gives us higher levels of stamina.
- Meno-HF (Menopausal Formula) by Dee Cee Labs – Meno-HF is a natural menopause remedyfor hot flashes, mood swings, sweating, aging skin, and low energy are some of the symptoms of menopause. This natural treatment for menopausal symptoms contains black cohosh, known for its wonderful properties to stabilize hormones.
- Estrobalance – Enzymatic Therapy makes a wonderful natural remedy to support hormonal imbalance called EstroBalance. This natural treatment contains DIM from Indoplex which is a phytonutrient – a substance found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts.
- PMS Pak – if you’re prone to suffering pre-menstrual symptoms, PMS PAK, an all-natural remedy product containing 30 packets is your alternative solution to embarrassing and disruptive pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Natural Progesterone Cream – Organic Excellence makes a chemical free Progesterone Cream that helps with hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause. This cream is without phytoestrogens, but they also make a Progesterone Cream with Phytoestrogens for those suffering from 10 or more hot flashes per day.
Nutritional Support for Adrenal Function
Feeling stressed and feeling anxious all the time may be a sign that one’s adrenal glands need some help and with the right adrenal supplement, you’ll get a lot of the help you need. Many people do not really pay attention in taking care of their adrenal glands until it’s too late and they are informed by their doctor that they have adrenal insufficiency. By then symptoms such as low blood sugar, low blood pressure and easy to acquiescence to allergies are a constant bother. To help prevent such symptoms from occurring or for these to alleviate and altogether disappear, it’s important to take care of adrenal function with a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle, and with nutritional supplements shown to support adrenal function.
Why Take Care of Adrenal Glands
The adrenal glands are small, just half an inch high and three inches long, but its job is gargantuan. Located atop the kidneys, these glands facilitate production of hormones; and help the body for dealing with stress reactions such as high or low blood pressure, increased abnormal heart rate and profuse sweating. Once the function of these glands become flawed or impaired, symptoms such as chronic fatigue, anxiety and nervousness, loss of concentration, weakness, allergies and headaches start to emerge. This health problem may be addressed with the right food and the right exercise, but most people find it difficult to maintain a diet that healthy enough to maintain optimum adrenal function. This is precisely the reason why there’s a need for a high quality adrenal support supplement. This helps assure that consistent protection and support for these small glands may be ensured. Adrenal weakness is no small matter, as it could impact the body a great deal.
Adrenal Function Support
Fundamental Adrenal combines high-quality ingredients to support optimum hormone regulation. This American made adrenal supplement contains a choice blend of B Vitamins that include Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantethine, Ashwagandha, Panax Ginseng and more.
Riboflavin is a water soluble B-Vitamin that must be replenished in the body everyday. It helps facilitate the production of red blood cells and the release of energy from carbohydrates. Food sources for this nutrient include lean meat, vegetables, dairy products, eggs, nuts, and bread. Meanwhile, Vitamin B6, also a water-soluble vitamin, helps in the production of antibodies, which the body needs to ward off diseases. This nutrient also works to maintain proper nerve function and to form red blood cells. Pantethine is a type of B vitamin that is usually added to complex blends in order to strengthen effect.
Supplementation can help achieve better health without the side effects when you are looking for a natural hormone balance remedy.
Organic Excellence Feminine Balance Therapy to Support Progesterone Levels
For women everywhere menopause is an unavoidable part of life. The symptoms that come along with menopause can affect the body both physically and mentally, and it leads many women towards hormone replacement therapy. Hormone replacement therapy isn’t always successful, and it also has negative side effects that accompany it. A great alternative to this is Organic Excellence Feminine Balance, which is a natural progesterone cream without phytoestrogens. A progesterone cream can be a beneficial alternative to other hormone therapies, because it is natural, easy to use, and effective.
The Basics of Progesterone
Progesterone is a hormone that the female body depends on. It main role is in healthy reproductive function, but it is also important to other parts of the body. The ovaries are the main production source of progesterone, but some is also made in the adrenal glands. Progesterone is produced just before ovulation, and this boost in progesterone levels lasts about two weeks. Progesterone causes the lining of the uterus to thicken. It does this to prepare the body for pregnancy, and once progesterone levels begin to decline menstruation occurs and the lining of the uterus is expelled. If pregnancy occurs, the body continues to produce progesterone to ensure the health of the uterus. Progesterone levels continue to rise during pregnancy, and it provides the body with a number of other benefits.
The Benefits of Healthy Progesterone Levels
Besides preparing the body for pregnancy, progesterone’s interaction with other hormones is also essential to a healthy body. Progesterone helps the body to produce other adrenal hormones, and it promotes a healthy estrogen balance. Maintaining the proper levels of estrogen is important, because excess estrogen can increase the risk of breast cancer and lead to quite a few other health problems. Many women are estrogen dominant, so taking the steps to limit estrogen levels can be very helpful. Estrogen levels can get out of control when there is an over production or when the body is unable to properly break it down. The body is often unable to breakdown estrogen when the liver or the body’s enzymes aren’t functioning properly. High sugar consumption and a lack of vitamin B6 or magnesium may also hinder the body’s ability to break it down.
The over production of estrogen may be caused by the following:
And of course, poor progesterone production can cause estrogen levels to sky rocket.
Progesterone also has a number of other benefits for the body, and it may help with a number of the problems women frequently experience during menopause. First of all it can help to maintain a sound mind and healthy mood. It may help to fight the feelings of stress and depression, and it can also be beneficial to the bones. Many women experience an increase in bone weakness and the bones breakdown much easier, but progesterone can help to promote healthy and strong bones. Progesterone may also help to:
- Use Fat for Energy
- Promote Healthy Thyroid Function
- Support a Healthy Sex Drive
- Reduce the Risk of Breast Cysts
- Support Healthy Blood Clotting
Clearly progesterone is important to the body’s biological functions, and there are a number of progesterone products on the market. Which should you choose?
Organic Excellence Feminine Balance Therapy
This Natural Progesterone Cream without Phytoestrogens is a natural therapy that is applied to a thin skinned area twice a day, and it can help to support healthy progesterone levels. Progesterone creams are superior to oral therapies, because for most people they are better processed by the body. Oral consumption can lead to poor metabolism of progesterone, because the stomach acids will prematurely break it down. It is believed that only about 10 to 15 percent of the hormones taken orally reach their intended target. This is also a natural product, and synthetic progesterone products come with numerous negative side effects. A synthetic progesterone therapy can increase the risk of cancer, heart attack, and stroke. It may also lead to depression, nausea, and abnormal menstruation.
Clearly, when looking for a progesterone therapy a natural product that isn’t consumed orally is essential, and Organic Excellence Feminine Balance Therapy is the perfect product.