Hair is a symbol of beauty in every culture on Earth. Therefore, we all strive to ensure we have the most beautiful and manageable hair possible. Many women also want their hair to grow longer and stronger so they can truly look their best. There are many natural ways to achieve this look, which will be described below.
7 Healthy Hair Tips
- Healthy Diet – By maintaining a healthy diet, your hair will obtain all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to thrive. Hair normally grows at the rate of a half an inch per month. However, if the hair that is growing is not healthy, it will become brittle and break off at the ends.
- Massage the Scalp – Hair grows from the scalp and it needs to be nourished if it is going to grow properly. There are several oils recommended for scalp massage, including coconut, jojoba, olive, and avocado oils. The oil can be massaged into the scalp and let to sit for 20-30 minutes. Then a conditioner can be used to help remove the oil from the scalp. Badger oil company makes a jojoba with rosemary and tea tree oil that can be used to massage the scalp with and promote hair growth and strong hair overall.
- Don’t Over Wash – Hair needs oil to remain healthy, so over washing the hair can strip the oil and cause the hair to become dry and damaged, which will cause breakage and hair loss. Those with curly or coarse hair should only wash their hair 2-3 times a week. If the hair gets too greasy, then dry shampoo can be used. Too much grease on the scalp can cause problems with hair growth as well, so make sure to find a healthy balance.
- Wash Hair with Natural Shampoo – Using traditional shampoo can damage your hair and not make it look it’s best. Regular shampoo has harsh chemicals that causes the hair to dry out.
- Get Hair Cut Often – The old myth that cutting your hair makes it grow faster is not accurate. But getting your hair cut regularly will prevent the loss of length that occurs from split ends that cause damage.
- Supplements – There are certain supplements that can supply hair with the nutrients and vitamins needed to create strong and healthy hair. One such supplement is called Hair Effects by Davinci Labs. It contains green tea, stinging nettle, horsetail rush, grapeseed and more. The effects are repaired hair follicles and stronger, healthier hair.
- Always Condition – Even though you need to skip shampooing every time, make sure to always condition. When you do condition your hair, use a natural conditioner. Conditioning is important because it replaces lipids and proteins that your hair needs to stay strong. It also helps to seal the cuticle of the hair to prevent further damage.
Hair growth will never occur overnight, but it can happen at a faster rate and you can maintain hair for a longer time if you treat it right. Giving it all the nutrients it needs to stay strong and healthy is the best way to ensure that it grows to greater lengths. Minimize over styling and harsh bleaching treatments and you can have long, strong hair that is admired by all.