Improve Weak Immune System – Boost Immune System
The environment and the way we take care of ourselves play a direct role on the health of our immune system. Pollutants and allergens in the air as well as pesticides and chemical preservatives that manufacturers add to food products are factors that can compromise our immune system. In addition, a poor diet, lack of exercise and stress have all been shown to impact our bodies ability to handle bacteria and viruses.
Some unhealthy practices also make our immune system weak:
- Consumption of excessive amounts of sugar – some health experts believe that too much sugar in our bodies can lead to unhealthy blood sugar levels which in turn could cause diabetes
- Consumption of too much alcohol puts pressure on our liver and kidneys. These are vital organs because they help in the elimination of waste from our bodies. When they don’t function at 100%, we get toxic build-up. The result? Our immune system reacts.
- Consumption of too much fat – when our bodies cannot expel fat, our white blood cells are unable to multiply, hampering the production of antibodies and slowing down the healing process.
Improving our Immune System with Natural Remedies
Like most health problems such as diabetes or high blood pressure, a weak immune system can be made healthy again. By changing our lifestyles and eating sufficient amounts of natural foods and vegetables, we help our immune system transition back to normal levels. Supplementation like vitamins and minerals will also help the body fight free radicals – the # 1 enemy of our immune system.
Frequently falling ill can be the downfall of a productive life. It can cause you to miss work, school, or any other important occasion. One of the best ways to help support the immune system and reduce the risk of recurrent infections and illnesses is with echinacea. Echinacea can be a great way to support the immune system and supplement that contains echinacea can help to support the body while it is under attack by microorganisms.
In addition, look for a supplement that contains the following ingredients:
- Vitamin C
- Perilla Seed Extract
- Ginger Rhizome Extract
- Licorice Root Extract
Let’s take a look at how a few of these ingredients work.
Echinacea can help the immune system by supporting the T cells. The T cells help to fight bacteria, viruses, and disease in the body. Echinacea is one of the best herbs for the immune system, because it can also help to keep harmful agents from penetrating and infecting healthy cells. Echinacea can help with a number of conditions including:
- Urinary Tract Support
- Respiratory Support
Yeast Prevention Support
- Hay Fever Support
- Ear Support
Echinacea can be particularly helpful with support during illness.
Vitamin C is also a powerful immune-supporting nutrient. It helps to increase the number of NK cells, which help the immune system by fighting numerous harmful agents. Vitamin C can also help the T cells, and although it won’t increase their number, it can help to make them more active. Vitamin C can also help to form collagen, and this may help support the body to heal wounds faster.
Ginger has been used for centuries to help support the immune system. It can help to support the T cells, but more importantly it helps to fight free radicals. Free radicals can destroy the body, and they form through oxidation. Once they are in the body they damage and kill cells by altering their DNA.
If you find yourself frequently getting sick, your immune system probably isn’t as strong or effective as it could be.
Importance of Glutathione
Glutathione can benefit anybody’s health in numerous ways. It can help to fight free radicals, detoxify the body, and boost the immune system. Glutathione can be consumed through a healthy diet, but many people have poor diets and low glutathione levels.
Once these ingredients enter the body they can help it to naturally create glutathione, which can have numerous benefits throughout the body.
Glutathione is a great antioxidant, because it is actually found within the cells. Free radicals assault the cells by manipulating their DNA, but glutathione can help to prevent this. On top of reducing the affects of free radicals, glutathione can help to detoxify the body. Detoxifying the body is important in today’s world, because many of us come in contact with harmful agents, like pollution or alcohol, on a daily basis. Glutathione helps the liver to process and remove any potentially harmful toxins or pollutants, and this helps to keep the body clean and free or any damaging agents.
Glutathione also has some affect on the immune system, although it has been under debate. Many people who suffer from serious and life-threatening diseases often have low glutathione levels, and there is still more research needed to definitively figure out why this is. What is known is that glutathione helps to create lymphocytes, which can help to fight disease and bacteria.
Millions of people are now taking supplements and anti-oxidant homeopathic formulations. We recommend these supplements – they are natural remedies and are all made in the USA:
- Thorne Myco-Immune – Myco-Immune is a natural immune remedy to help boost your immune system. By strengthening our immune system, we have the capability of fighting disease. It contains 7 healthy mushroom extracts.
- Vaxa Virexin – another natural remedy for a weak immune system is Virexin. It will help us fight against the flu and common cold. Apart from boosting our immune system, this unique product replaces the nutrients that our bodies lose resulting from illness or neglect.
- Echinacea – For hundreds of years, the power of Echinacea has been known to help fight colds. Dee Cee Labs has produced a pure Echinacea supplement to help boost your immune system naturally.
- Immune Boost – A great all around immune boosting supplement is Immune Boost by Dee Cee Labs. This proprietary formula helps to increase your immune system’s ability to fight off colds and prevent colds too.
- Fundamental Probiotic – it is very important to maintain the integrity of the normal bacterial flora in the gut. Parasites can kill some of the beneficial bacteria. Fundamental Probiotic can help to re-establish the normal intestinal flora. It is one of the most powerful probiotics on the market, with 12 strains of good bacteria and over 25 Billion colony forming units per capsule.
- Taurox Taurimmune – Read about Taurox Taurimmune.
- Metagenics 500-C – this potent vitamin C supplement helps to boost the immune response.
- intraMAX – can help boost the immune system because it supplies over 415 nutrients to help assure you are not deficient in them. Read more about intraMAX
- intraKID – your child may not be eating right and can use proper nutrition with this potent liquid multivitamin for children supplying over 215 nutrients.
Saccharomyces boulardii to Support the Immune System
Saccharomyces boulardii is a type of yeast that can provide health benefits to the consumer. It’s bizarre to think about consuming yeast when most humans do all they can to get rid of yeast and to avoid yeast infections. However, the type of yeast that causes yeast infections, candida, and the beneficial yeast, saccharomyces boulardii, couldn’t be more different. In fact, many people go out of their way to consume saccharomyces through products, like Pure Encapsulations Saccharomyces Boulardii.
Pure Encapsulations Saccharomyces Boulardii supplies the body with 5 billion CFU (colony forming units), and since most probiotic supplements do not contain saccharomyces boulardii, supplying your body with this natural supplement can provide even more immune and digestive support.
If you’re still not convinced between the difference of candida and saccharomyces boulardii, let’s take a closer look at how they can affect the body.
Candida and the Body
Candida yeast can cause harm throughout the body. Candida is found in everybody, and when the body is able to keep it in check it really poses no threat. However, when it grows out of control it becomes a real issue. There are quite a few factors that can increase the growth of candida, and these include:
- Consuming Antibiotics
- Use of Steroids
- Poor Immune Function
Those with a weakened immune system are at the greatest risk for the development of candida and yeast infections. In women, yeast infections frequently affect the vagina, and about 50% of women will experience vaginal yeast infections. Candida may also cause skin infections or infections around the finger nails. If candida is able to enter the blood and reach important organs it can become incredibly dangerous and possibly fatal. For these reasons it is important to address any yeast infections immediately.
Benefits of Saccharomyces Boulardi
Now it is clear that candida needs to be kept in check, but what about saccharomyces boulardii? Pure Encapsulations Saccharomyces Boulardii is a natural source of saccharmyces boulardii, and supplementing with this natural probiotic can help to fight the growth of harmful agents. It helps the immune system by fighting clostridium difficile, which can lead to frequent dysfunction within the intestines. It may also reduce the risk of ulcers by fighting the bacteria helicobacter pylori. Using saccharomyces may also help to fight yeast that can lead to yeast infections. Pure Encapsulations Saccharomyces Boulardii may also help to normalize digestive function and fight the symptoms of poor digestion. It is commonly used to help with diarrhea, and it may also help to limit the effects of dairy products in those with lactose intolerance.
Using probiotics can be an easy and effective way to support the digestive and immune system. However, many of the probiotic supplements on the market don’t contain saccharomyces boulardii. Pure Encapsulations provides their all natural and chemical free saccharomyces boulardii supplement, Saccharomyces Boulardii, which is a natural yeast. Although many of you want to combat the growth of yeast, saccharomyces boulardii is beneficial for the immune and digestive systems, and it may also actually help to fight the occurrence yeast infections.
Natural Herbal Remedies for Immune Support
There are some natural herbal remeides that have been shown to fight viruses, bacteria, and inflammation. These ingredients include:
- Red Thyme Oil
- Oregano Oil
- Sage Leaf
- Lemon Balm
Red thyme oil has antibacterial properties. It can help to fight e. coli within in the body, and by fighting bacteria and e. coli it helps to keep the respiratory and digestive systems healthy and running properly. Red thyme oil can also help to fight listerosis. Listerosis is a deadly food borne disease that can damage the digestive tract.
Oregano oil is a great way to eliminate parasites within the stomach and intestines. Parasites can cause various forms of damage, but a recent study published in Phytotherapy Research found that oregano oil can get rid of parasites in as little as ten weeks. Oregano oil can also help to fight MRSA, which is methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. MRSA is a superbug that is resistant to many forms of treatment, but oregano oil can combat MRSA.
Sage leaf can be a great way to reduce inflammation in the lungs and digestive system. Sage leaf contains rosmarinic acid, which helps to quickly reduce inflammation and irritation within the body. Sage can also promote full and proper digestion, and it can help the body to break down fats.