Menopause is that stage in a woman’s life where she stops menstruating and therefore can no longer bear children. Her ovarian function has ended, making her infertile. It is not a disorder or health problem because it is part of the aging process. Menopause, however, can produce symptoms that are uncomfortable and embarrassing.
Signs of Pre-Menopause and Menopause
The pre-menopause stage usually occurs between 35 to 40 years old. A woman’s menstruation is irregular and there are marked changes in the blood flow. For instance, if periods were previously marked by an abundant flow of blood, there is less blood at the onset of pre-menopause.
What are Menopause Symptoms?
- Hot flashes (and/or profuse sweating in the evenings)
- Loss of memory and weak concentration (these get more pronounced in later years) – Try using: Memorin
- Frequent urination
- Inability to sleep – Try using: Nite Rest
Menopause is marked by the absence of periods for a consecutive period of 9 to 12 months, and a woman’s ovaries have stopped producing estrogen and progesterone. The average age of menopause is 51-52.
In addition to the symptoms experienced during pre-menopause, these symptoms characterize menopause:
- Mood swings
- Anxiety or panic
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain (due to sluggish metabolism)
- Lack of sexual drive
- Muscle aches and pains
Support for Menopause Symptoms
Women all over the world dread the onset of menopause. Fortunately, these worries are less of a problem with Black Cohosh, an herbal supplement that helps support the relief of menopausal symptoms.
Dealing with the ‘M’ Word
A woman suffers difficulties when she reaches menopause, usually between the ages of 45 to 50. It is the time in the woman’s life when her menstruation lessens or stops. This period brings both physical and emotional stress to a woman, which can hurt her self esteem and affect her relationship with her family and others.
Women usually go through the menopause symptoms ordeal alone, without seeking professional help or taking medicine to help them cope up with the challenges of this midlife crisis. However, this should not be the case, as there are available menopause symptom supplements that can make such a transition easy. One proven nutritional supplement that relieves symptoms of menopause is Black Cohosh.
Why Buy Black Cohosh?
Black Cohosh is a unique herb shown to support women during the menopausal phase of life. Women of past generations have used black cohosh extracts to alleviate menopause symptoms. The use of this herb has been passed on to younger generations so that its popularity has never dwindled. For example, in Europe today, many women use this herb to relieve menopausal symptoms. These women swear by the fact that black cohosh supports relief from hot flashes and night sweats, short menstrual cycle, occasional irritability, mild mood swings and occasional sleep disturbances.
Other herbs that have been shown to support women with menopause symptoms include; lemon balm and motherwort, herbs that ease tension and produce relaxation.
Menopause supplements containing black cohosh are generally safe for everyday intake with no known side effects. However, pregnant and nursing women are advised not to take this type of nutritional supplement. Patients on medication or with liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver problem should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking black cohosh
These menopause supplements can help women all over the world find support at the onset of menopause symptoms. By dealing with the menopausal stage in this manner, women are given the chance to mature gracefully, and to live their lives to the fullest potential, without anything holding them back.
Natural Remedies for Menopause
A common treatment for menopause is hormone replacement therapy, known simply as HRT. But thousands of women are stopping their HRT for fear of cancer or for other serious side effects. They are now on a regimen of supplementation – vitamins and minerals that can help cushion the lack of essential hormones like estrogen and progesterone. There are also natural remedies available. Two examples are:
- Mexican Yam Root – Formula 899 by Dee Cee Labs, is a natural remedy that is made in the United States and contains an important substance found in the yam root: diosgenin. Diosgenin is a compound that is similar to progesterone. The wild yam is thought by many to treat menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, headaches and cramps.
- Natural Progesterone Cream – this natural remedy by Organic Excellence does not contain phytoestrogens and is considered a much better alternative to traditional HRT. Natural Progesterone Cream is made with aloe vera as the base ingredient and was formulated without chemicals, only herbs. This cream is without phytoestrogens, but they also make a Progesterone Cream with Phytoestrogens for those suffering from 10 or more hot flashes per day.
- Meno-HF (Menopausal Formula) by Dee Cee Labs – Meno-HF is a natural menopause remedy for hot flashes, mood swings, sweating, aging skin, and low energy are some of the symptoms of menopause. This natural treatment for menopausal symptoms contains black cohosh, known for its wonderful properties to stabilize hormones.
- Estrobalance – Enzymatic Therapy makes a wonderful natural remedy to support hormonal imbalance called EstroBalance. This natural treatment contains DIM from Indoplex which is a phytonutrient – a substance found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts.