- Honey Lemon Scrub -In a bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, and brown sugar until it creates a paste. This can be used as a facial scrub to exfoliate the skin. Lemon juice is one of the best natural ways to reduce acne and acne scars. The citric acid helps to kill bacteria and reduce redness and inflammation. It unclogs pores and can even speed up the natural exfoliation process, shedding your scarred skin and revealing new balanced, clear and hydrated skin. As citric acid can be harsh, the honey in this scrub helps to soothe the skin. It contains vitamin E, which has healing properties, therefore it helps heal the skin quicker and reduce the appearance of acne scars. The brown sugar works at the scrub, it is a safe and natural alternative to chemical scrubs, and is rough enough to exfoliate skin without causing damage. If you don’t have time to make your own, Fundamental Face Scrub is a great natural alternative.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is a plant that has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agents. It can be used to help not only acne and acne scars, but cuts and burns as well. It sterilizes and heals and is completely natural. If you have a plant growing in your back yard, you can even split open a leaf and rub the flesh straight onto your skin. The benefits are amazing, it can reduces redness, and can even prevent future breakouts. The plant is also hydrating, and so this substance doesn’t dry out your skin and cause irritation.
- Egg White Mask – Mix 3 egg whites and a teaspoon of honey in a bowl. Apply this to the face and wait for it to dry, keep repeating this until you have a thick layer of egg whites and your face feels tight. Once your face is tight, and the egg whites are completely dry, slowly peel the mask off. This will remove blackheads and white heads from the surface of the skin, as well as any dry, red or irritated dead skin. This will help with the appearance of acne scars and will prevent future breakouts. The honey is rich in vitamins, which helps to soothe the skin after the peel. It also provides moisture to ensure the egg whites don’t dry out your skin too much. Repeating this process once a week is a great natural form of acne control.
- Keep Your Hair Clean – Whether you have short or long hair, we often forget how much hair can affect our skin. As our scalp produces natural oil, dirt clings to our hair and can rub off onto our face or travel down our scalp onto the face throughout the day. This causes irritation, and blocks pores, which results in breakouts. Make sure you wash your hair every other day, and keep it out of your face if it isn’t clean. This can make the biggest difference in your skin, especially if your usual breakouts occur on the forehead and around the jaw line. Your shampoo should be all natural so the chemicals don’t irritate or damage your hair. Try Fundamental Shampoo, a natural shampoo, made in America.
- Moisturize Daily – Often we think that since our pores are clogged and our skin is oily, we shouldn’t be moisturizing. However, our own body oil is far different from moisturizes and not moisturizing your skin can lead to more breakouts. Leaving the skin dry and irritated makes it more prone to acne. The less you moisturize, the more oil your skin will produce in order to counteract the dryness in irritation. These oils then cause more breakouts, and so an all-natural moisturizer like Fundamental Face Cream would help to keep skin hydrated and balances the level of natural oils your skin secretes. This face cream is effective as it contains Shea butter, (which is moisturizing and high in Vitamin E) and aloe Vera as active ingredients.
Following these steps ensures you can easily maintain radiant and healthy skin and reduce the appearance of acne and acne scars. By using natural remedies, you don’t have to worry about the harm chemical products can cause to your skin. These are safe, healthy, and cost effective alternatives to chemical products and medications.