5 Tips to Lowering Blood Pressure
High blood pressure comes with a bustling new-age society. We are constantly running from one event to another and stressing ourselves and our body out. We get increases in blood pressure daily, due to the constant bombardment of people and social media in our lives. So, how do we naturally lower it?
Blood pressure has to do with how our blood pumps through our body. The force of the blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as blood is pumped away from the heart is known as blood pressure. Each time the heart beats, blood is pumped into the arteries. This is known as the systolic rate. When the heart is not beating and at its resting phase, this is known as the diastolic rate. High blood pressure means that there is too much force to get the blood through the arteries and out to the rest of the body. This usually is because of blockages in the heart or arteries or due to other disorders.
So, how do we lower our blood pressure? Many doctors prescribe medication to lower blood pressure. But for those who want to try to reduce blood pressure naturally, there are other options. Check out these options to determine the best ways to decrease your blood pressure and live a happy and healthier life.
- Exercise – Working out is always good for your heart. It may be that you are only able to walk for a couple of blocks, but this is still great. It is imperative to get your heartrate up and to do this every day for at least 30 minutes. Try to slowly progress and increase your workout to ensure your heart rate is still activated.
- Eat Better – Obviously eating better is a good idea. Cutting out saturated fats will ensure that you are not clogging your arteries and causing more blockage and an increased heart rate. Potassium-rich foods like sweet potatoes, potatoes, orange juice, bananas, kidney beans, peas, cantaloupe, honeydew, prunes and raisins. You may also want to try a healthy potassium supplement. In addition, try cutting out salt from your diet and switch to de-caffeinated coffee. Eat dark chocolate to also get a decrease in blood pressure.
- Hibiscus tea – Drink hibiscus tea to lower blood pressure. The phytochemicals are known to reduce high blood pressure. Pick blends that have hibiscus highest in the ingredient list so you can get a good dose.
- Cut back on work– By working too much, you probably eat worse and don’t have time to exercise, so consider working less and leaving more time to prepare healthy meals and exercise time. Lowering your stress is key to lowering blood pressure.
- Listen to Music– Music is soothing and is known to decrease stress, which also decreases your blood pressure. Not just any music, but music like Celtic, classical, and Indian mus
These tips can help you improve your blood pressure and your lifestyle. Consider adopting them into your everyday regimen to ensure that you decrease blood pressure and increase hopes of a happy and healthy lifestyle for years to come.
Dr Axe Discusses Ways to Lower Blood Pressure
Note, you should discuss lowering your blood pressure with your doctor. If you do try natural methods and they don’t work, it’s imperative that you work with your doctor to lower your blood pressure.