Natural Treatment for Parasitic Infection
When you think of parasites, you think of all those children in developing countries with large round bellies infected with parasites. You think, “since I live in the west, I can’t possibly be infected.” Wrong!
Even people who live in industrialized countries are not spared because parasites are everywhere. You can get them from: domestic pets, contaminated food and drink, friends and family who have travelled to places where sanitation conditions are questionable, the air we breathe and the waters we swim in.
What is a Parasite?
A parasite is a living organism that thrives in another organism and can harm that organism. They enter our bodies through our mouth or skin.
Humans are attacked by parasites like protozoa and worms. Protozoa have only one cell while worms – hookworms or tapeworms – have many cells and are also called helminths.
Parasitic Infection: Symptoms
This is where it gets a little tricky. There are over 3,000 types of parasites so it is not possible to list all symptoms as they vary from one type to another. It is, however, possible to name some common symptoms:
- Itching around the nose, ears, and anus
- Loss of sleep, inability to concentrate
- Constant stomach rumbling (not related to hunger pangs)
- Weight loss (because of constant hunger)
- Flu-like symptoms
One thing to bear in mind: the absence of any of these symptoms does not mean that one is parasite-free, as symptoms don’t appear at the first sign of infection.
Natural Remedies for Parasitic Infections
One popular way of ridding the body of parasites is a thorough body cleansing – or detoxification. Herbal remedy preparations are another way of eliminating parasites. What you want are all-natural homeopathic detoxification formulas that are made in the USA. Here are a few suggestions:
- Vaxa Parasitic Cleansing Program – This Parasite Cleansing Kit was specifically developed for the gastro-intestinal tract. This product contains phytomedicinals that are effective against protozoa, tapeworms, flatworms and ringworms. What is unique about this product is that it targets all parasites, not just one or two types. It serves another purpose: it replenishes good bacteria that have been destroyed by parasites.
- Whole Body Cleanse – Enzymatic Therapy has created Whole Body Cleanse, a no-nonsense, no-hassle two week-program that helps purge toxins from the body. This parasitic natural remedy contains a laxative solution (that won’t harm internal organs), digestive fiber, and milk thistle, an herb that supports the liver during detoxification.
- Buffer pH – when parasites deprive us of our nutrients and changes the pH of our system. We need a product that will replace them. Buffer pH, a natural treatment, not only will replace lost nutrients, it also helps in repairing damaged tissues, cleansing the digestive and intestinal tracts and counteracting acid build-up.
- Fundamental Probiotic – it is very important to maintain the integrity of the normal bacterial flora in the gut. Parasites can kill some of the beneficial bacteria. Fundamental Probiotic can help to re-establish the normal intestinal flora. It is one of the most powerful probiotics on the market, with 12 strains of good bacteria and over 25 Billion colony forming units per capsule.