Natural Remedies for Prostate Problems
The prostate gland is a male organ that produces semen. Because of its close proximity to the urethra men who have an enlarged prostate can experience urinary and sexual problems. When men have urinary problems, it is usually because the prostate gland, located under the bladder, is enlarged. This condition is common and is not cancerous – it goes by the name of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Prostate enlargement, however, can also be caused by a serious disease like prostate cancer. For this reason, it is imperative that men get periodic medical exams to rule out prostate cancer. You also need to see your doctor if your urine has blood or if there’s a burning sensation. If you’re taking a certain kind of medication that is making your urinary problems worse, you also should see your doctor.
Tips for Managing Your Urinary Problems Associated with BPH
The first thing to remember is to do as your doctor tells you. If he says that your problem isn’t serious, you can take some measures yourself to minimize your symptoms:
- Don’t drink too much liquids a few hours before your bedtime.
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcohol or soda. They tend to fill you up quickly.
- Drink around 6-8 glasses of day so that your urine does not get too concentrated. But don’t try to drink that much water in a short period of time as this will make you urinate more frequently.
- When urinating, empty your bladder completely.
- If you are overweight, shed off excess pounds. Get physically active, because being sedentary could make your bladder problems worse.
Regain Masculine Power with a Natural Prostate Supplement
Men worry about prostate problems as they mature; with a natural prostate supplement that supports prostate health, these worries are lessened. Such fear and worry is understandable, as a large percentage of the male population around the world suffer from prostate problems.
Grim Problems, a Bright Solution
In the United States and in the United Kingdom, prostate cancer is the second leading cancer illness among men. Meanwhile, millions in the male population suffer from Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous but debilitating disease of the prostate gland. Such a blow to masculine health may still be prevented or remedied with proper diet, with a healthy sex life and with the intake of certain nutrients shown to support prostate health.
Natural Prostate Support
You want to find a supplement that has a unique combination of select herbs, acids, vitamins and nutrients that specifically support prostate health. An ideal supplement for the prostate might contain one or more of the following ingredients: saw palmetto extract, nettles root extract, amino acids, vitamin B6, and zinc.
Saw palmetto is an herb used since ancient times to remedy urinary problems. Over the last years, scientific studies on this herb reveal that it is actually good for supporting the prostate from problems such as BPH, as it helps shrink enlarged prostate, and helps lessen frequent urination and leaking. It also promotes and maintains healthy prostate cells.
Nettles root, on the other hand, helps support the prostate by inhibiting the production of enzymes that cause the testosterone to convert into dihydrotestosterone, which is the principal element or culprit in BPH occurrence.
Meanwhile, other vital nutrients found in a high quality men’s supplement for the prostate does wonders by supporting normal urinary and reproductive functions. Amino acids, for instance, promotes normal urination while zinc helps maintain the balance of healthy male hormones (see more about zinc below). Vitamin B6 meanwhile, helps regulate several metabolic processes, even the production of amino acids that’s necessary for prostate health. Lycopene is a great addition to the formula, as it has been proven to be an antioxidant and as an effective preventive compound against cancer diseases. This nutrient however, is especially essential for men to maintain in the body because the lycopene level men stored in the prostate and testes decrease with age.
Masculine power is indeed important to men. More than sexual function and prowess however, being essentially healthy is most important in living a life of quality and happiness. Thankfully, using supplements that support the prostate and reproductive health can help achieve that goal.
Natural Alternative Remedies for Prostate Problems
- Prostatin - Vaxa makes a great natural remedy for your enlarged prostate called Prostatin. It helps diminish swelling and pain, helps curtail excessive cell growth, and makes urine flow more efficient. Vaxa Prostatin contains saw palmetto, a natural ingredient that is found in the south eastern states in the USA and has been known for relieving symptoms of BPH.
- Steel Libido for Men – Steel Libido is a natural sexual enhancement pill that can help to improve sex drive and sexual performance.
- Prostate Cocktail – This natural prostate remedy is made by Dee Cee Labs in the USA and was specially developed for prostate difficulties. Learn more about Prostate Cocktail.
- Advanced Prostate Plus - a 14-ingredient prostate supplement that goes to work right away by helping relieve symptoms of BPH. Prostate Plus is a blend of vitamins D3 and E and minerals like selenium, zinc and copper. This natural treatment for BPH is made in the USA, assuring you of quality manufacturing.
- Prosta-Strong - Irwin Naturals developed Prosta-Strong to help with symptoms of BPH. It’s main ingredient is Saw Palmetto which has been shown to help alleviate benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Pectasol Modified Citrus Pectin Powder – Pectasol from Dee Cee Labs is a pure modified citrus pectin powder that many prostate cancer patients use because it may help interfere with the cancer cell growth. DC also has a Pectasol 16 Ounce.
Saw Palmetto and Zinc for BPH
Saw palmetto is an herb that can help with a number of reproductive and urinary issues. It was used in traditional Native American medicines, and today it is probably most used to help with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or an enlarged prostate. The prostate plays important functions in sexual and urinary health, but most men will deal with poor prostate health later in life. Some statistics even show that nine out of ten men over the age of 60 don’t have optimal prostate function, and this can make saw palmetto supplementation helpful to many men. In addition, providing the body with plenty of nutrients, especially zinc, can be help to reduce the risk of BPH.
Saw Palmetto and the Prostate
The prostate promotes sexual health by secreting fluids that make up semen. The fluid secreted by the prostate is alkaline, and this allows the sperm to survive longer in the acidic environment of the female reproductive system. BPH causes the prostate to swell and grow, and it eventually presses against the urethra making it difficult to urinate. Researchers have been studying saw palmetto for years, and recent analysis of a number of different studies has shown that using saw palmetto may be just as helpful as prescription drugs. These studies used saw palmetto, a prescription drug, and a placebo. Those that were given the saw palmetto experienced a 43 percent improvement in urinary flow, and improvements in urinary tract health and peak urine flow. These results were very similar to the prescription drug, but since saw palmetto is less expensive, saw palmetto may be a better option for many.
Scientists have not quite pinpointed how saw palmetto works, but it is believed to promote healthy enzymatic activity. It limits the activity of 5-alpha-reductase, which is used to change testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Dihydrotestosterone is linked to the development of BPH, so reducing the functions of 5-alpha-reductase is important when trying to limit the symptoms of BPH. Since it helps to reduce the conversion of testosterone, it can help to maintain healthy testosterone levels. This can help to boost sexual function and energy.
Zinc and the Prostate
Zinc is an important mineral to the overall health of the prostate, and it is essential to the prostate cells. It helps to limit the production of dihydrotestosterone; so when zinc levels are low, BPH is far more likely to set in. One study verified that zinc stopped the production of dihydrotestosterone in test tube prostate tissues. Another study showed the benefits of zinc on human subjects. The study gave the subjects 150 mg of zinc to 19 men for two months, and then a maintenance dose of 50 to 100 mg. In this study, 14 of the 19 men had a decrease in prostate size.
With the prevalence of benign prostatic hyperplasia many people are looking for ways to reduce their risk. Providing the body with saw palmetto and zinc from natural and chemical free supplements can offer help to the function and health of the prostate. Studies have shown time and time again that these nutrients promote prostate health and fight the occurrence of an enlarged prostate.
There are numerous natural remedies for BPH which should be tried before medication. A natural prostate remedy will usually help for most cases of prostate problems.