Natural Stress Remedies
Stress is defined as a state of mental or emotional strain that results from very demanding circumstances. There is no way to avoid stress in your life, but there are techniques and skills that you can master to help decrease the effect that it has over you.
- Early Bird Catches the Worm – This is a great trait to have. If you have a stressful day one week and know that there is lots of work to be done, get up early and get a jumpstart on the day. Sometimes it feels as if there is not enough time in the day and by getting up an hour or two earlier, you may be able to get things in order and finish tasks in time to enjoy a leisurely lunch. Proactive traits are healthy and help to de-stress the body.
- Exercise – This is a proven stress reducer. As you exercise, you release endorphins that improve your mood and help you feel at peace. You will also feel better about yourself at the same time. You will also fight kynurenine, which is a byproduct of stress and inflammation. Make sure your body is prepared for the workout and consider supplements to help with muscle conditioning. One product is Fundamental Earth’s Fundamental Protein, which helps provide protein and nourishment to your body while working out.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – These are amazing supplements that can help change the way your body functions. DaVinci Labs has a product called Omega-3 HP-D, which has omega-3 and vitamin D components. They maintain the health of the cells in the body, boost immune system functions, and provide health to the cardiovascular, neurological, and joints.
- Sleep – Give your body the rest it needs to make it through another day. Sleeping is a way to recuperate and heal from the stresses of the day. Make sure to get at the recommended 6-8 hours and your body will thank you. If you are suffering with insomnia, you may want to try a natural sleep aid called Sleep Already.
- Disconnect – In a technology-filled world, it is nice to disconnect every now and then. Take a trip where you only respond to phone calls (emergency) and where you don’t check email or text messages as often. Limit yourself to the morning and at night and let yourself relax during the day.
- Live in the Moment – Concentrate on the present and forget about the past and what is to come. Enjoy your life for what it is at that time. Remember to appreciate all the positive things in your life and forget some of the negatives.
- Massage – Find a way to relax the body, like massage that truly releases the tension found in muscles and the rest of your body. An hour away from it all may be just what the doctor ordered for true stress relief.
- Hobby – Find a hobby that suits you and ensure that you find room for it in your life. It may be reading or travelling, but whatever it is, make sure it is a frequent part of your life.
- Supplement – Take a supplement that can calm your levels of stress. Relax Already is a great product by Stone Age Wellness, that works by using natural ingredients to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Laugh – Take the time to smile and laugh. Visit with animals, watch funny movies/comedians and give your body a moment to de-stress by laughing.