There are many dry skin issues that we face in society today. Some are minor and some can be a major inconvenience. There are remedies out there that can help with all types of dry skin issues.
What Types of Dry Skin Conditions Are There?
- Psoriasis – A dry skin condition that involves a plaque formation of thickened skin. The dry flakes are scale-like and thought to occur from a side product of inflammation and overactive skin cell growth. It is most common on elbows, knees, and the scalp. This condition is chronic.
- Eczema – A dry skin condition that is also caused by inflammation, resulting in red, irritated skins that may even develop fluid-filled pustules. This condition is chronic.
- Dry skin – Uncomfortable, unattractive dry patches that may itch and crack. This condition is not chronic and can be treated with the proper care. Most dry skin is the cause of external environment issues (weather, hot showers, and harsh cleansers).
What Dry Skin Natural Treatment Options are There?
- Shower Temperature – Ensure that your shower temperature is not too hot, because it can cause the skin to lose natural oils that keep it moisturized and healthy. Showers should be short (5-10 minutes) and warm (not hot).
- Cleanse gently– Use gentle cleansers that are fragrance-free, dye-free, and chemical-free. Ceramides are wonderful additives that are fatty molecules that make up the outer barrier of the skin. It is also important to dry off by patting instead of rubbing with a towel.
- Shave properly – The best time to shave is after a shower, when the hairs are pliable. Shaving gel should be used to ensure that the skin is protected while shaving. The razor should also be sharp, because dull razors can cause irritation and bumps. For a great natural shave cream, try this all natural women’s shaving cream by Pacific Shaving Company.
- Protect your skin – Most skin damage to the skin comes from the sun. By wearing a proper sunscreen, you can protect the skin from aging prematurely, developing age spots, and unnecessary roughness. One great natural sunscreen is Badger sunscreen- 15 SPF– which has non-nano zinc oxide, sunflower oil, beeswax, sebuckthorn, and vitamin E. It is certified organic and it is even water resistant for up to 40 minutes.
- Humidity – Make sure to use a humidifier in the winter times to replenish moisture in the air from the dry, winter air. Hygrometers can measure humidity and you will then know the moisture content in your home, which should be around 50%.
- Moisturize – By supplying the skin with moisture, you can replenish the skin’s natural properties and you can have healthy and happy skin. Important ingredients are ceramides, shea butter, glycerine, and mineral oil. One product that is extremely beneficial to the skin is called Night Rebuilder by Ecco Bella. It contains lutein, lycopene, vitamins C and E, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid. This product can moisturize, protect, and prevent the signs of aging.
Dry skin is a problem that can be overcome with the proper tools and routine. By protecting your skin, it will stay moisturized and healthy for years to come.